Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Song o' the Week #17

Well, I've taken a little more than a week off from blogging, and most likely my posts will be few and far between until this semester is over. To compensate, I thought I'd just do a bunch of quick posts that don't take much time, just so our faithful readers don't think I'm abandoning them. I haven't been listening to anything new lately, just a lot of Person Pitch. So it's not like you're missing out on anything. Anyway, I thought I'd start my series of quick posts with this Tom Waits song, because it just sounds too cool to pass up, and I feel like it should be played over opening credits to a movie as action happens in slow-mo. Maybe not though.

UPDATE: Thanks to one of our readers, it has come to my attention that the song actually is in the opening credits of a movie already: "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead." Having not seen the movie, I cannot comment on it's validity or it's use of slow-mo. I guess I'll have to find another song to play over the slow motion opening credits in my movie, which currently doesn't exist.

Tom Waits- Jockey Full Of Bourbon
Buy Song: iTunes /amazon
Tom Waits MySpace

-Chandler

No comments: