Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wilco (The Album)

Wilco's seventh studio album, set to be released June 30th, will be titled Wilco (The Album). I must admit, as a Wilco fan, I definitely have some preoccupations about this album. For a band that created some of the best albums of my lifetime, including Being There, Summerteeth, A Ghost Is Born, and especially Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, it seems now like they might be a little bored. 2007's effort, Sky Blue Sky, had its moments for me but was generally lackluster. They seem to be giving off an aura of uncaringness, and that's fine by me, I'm not out to judge them, but I am a little disappointed because of the profound effect they've had on me as a music listener. Either way, I'll be sure to give it a few listens before I cast judgement upon it, but it's hard for me to imagine that Wilco (The Album) could ever be cool as their previous efforts. Below is one of my favorite songs off their 2001 album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and the prototypical Wilco song in my opinion.

Wilco - Jesus, Etc.
Buy Song:ITunes

-Donovan

No comments: